Thursday, August 25, 2016

Book Series I'm Caught Up On/Finished

I have always liked to read series. You get to know the characters and the world and get attached to it way more than with standalone stories. During my life I have read a lot of series and I thought to share those I'm caught up on or finished entirely.

  • Harry Potter (naturally)
  • The Lord of the Rings (on top of the trilogy I've read Silmarillion and the Hobbit)
  • The Inheritance Cycle (that did not deliver)
  • The Princess Diaries (even my dyslexic sister has read it through)
  • Pure Dead (was there a clear plot, I'm not sure)
  • Artemis Fowl (I should reread this series)
  • Molly Moon
  • Shamer Chronicles (from Lene Kaaberbøl who is behind the W.I.T.C.H. comics)
  • Chronicles of Narnia (another quite obvious)
  • Ingo (because mermaids)
  • Aaro Korpi (from Ilkka Remes, a Finnish detective novel author)
  • Arthur-trilogy (that dragged)
  • Oman keisarien aikakirjat (A finnish fantasy series, a direct translation could be the Emperors' of Oma Chronicles)
  • Bromeliad-trilogy (by Terry Pratchett, my first touch to his works)
  • The Magic Thief (a good basis but left me wanting a bit more)
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians (I should reread these and write a series review)
  • The Heroes of Olympus (I love Percy and Annabeth)
  • Twilight (I wanted to be able to critize them so I had to read them)
  • The Gentlemen Bastard Sequence (when will the next book come out??)
  • The Hunger Games (again, obviously)
  • The Wolves of Mercy Falls (Maggie Stiefvater's writing is one of the most beautiful)
  • Inkworld (I don't see the greatness of Dustfinger)
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (perhaps the first book would have been enough)
  • Divergent (unpopular opinion but I liked the ending, that was brave)
  • A Song of Ice and Fire (I fear the last two books will feel like nothing after the series ends)
  • The Night Angel trilogy (oh so tragic and violent)
  • The Raven Cycle (how come so many authors struggle to end their series properly?)

No comments:

Post a Comment