Monday, May 2, 2016

Jungle Book review

So as a huge Disney fan I had to go see the live action Jungle Book and it did deliver. Based on trailers I knew the movie would look awesome and it certainly did. My friend had a problem with it not being animation or real but something in between, but I don't mind, it looked awesome. All the animals and the jungle, man the things people can do with a computer these days.

Neel Sethi, who played Mowgli, was just cute and he's obviously very talented, he will have a bright future in acting. It was a bit weird watching when all the voices of the characters were different than what I'm used with the original Jungle Book movie, but I forgot it pretty quickly as I watched. The new characters provided nice comic relief and worked well with the old characters.

The movie was more violent than I expected and sometimes I felt like the plot was a bit far fetched and overdone, considering the characters are animals in the jungle. They didn't even follow the original movie's plot (now I have to point out that to my great regret I have not yet read the book, so I don't know if they perhaps kept closer to the book than the animated movie) and especially towards the end it was very different. I must say I prefer the animated version, but this was excellent experience nevertheless, I can gladly recommend this version, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment