Saturday, June 18, 2016

How I became a reader

It's always interesting to hear how someone's love for reading was awoken. I have my mother to thank for my appreciation for books and reading. My parents always read me a bedtime story before I went to sleep and my mother took me and my sister to the library weekly when we were little. We sat there looking at wonderful books (before we knew how to read) and we always left with a bag full on books. I loved it.

I didn't learn to read before going to school but my parents say that it took me like two seconds to learn at school. After that I read by myself but my deep passion to reading began when I was in second grade and got the first Harry Potter book as a Christmas present. It was love at first reading and there was no going back. Since then I have read my ass off and I am never going to stop reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment