Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Book Series I Won't Finish

A couple of weeks ago I made a post about book series I have finished or caught up on. Now I thought I'd list the series I have read one or two books of but have no interest in finishing for one reason or another.


  • Fablehaven: it started out okay but then I lost interest. I don't know if it's because I'm too old for the series or because I have hard time identifying with the characters.
  • Maze Runner: I read the first book in Finnish and the translation was one of the worst I have ever read and the plot and characters didn't appeal to me either. I have not heard anything good about the sequels so I will just try to forget I bothered to read the first book.
  • The Mortal Instruments: I know a lot of people love this series but I'm not feeling it. In my opinion Clary and Jace are some of the most irritating and stupid characters ever and reading about their hardships offers nothing to me.
  • The Kane Chronicles: though I love Percy Jackson, somehow the Kane Chronicles never had the same magic and I lost interest.
  • The Carrie Diaries: Sex and the City is nothing special to me but I tried this series and it wasn't for me.
  • Skullduggery Pleasant: not sure if I spelled that right but this just wasn't my style
  • The Earthsea Cycle: this is probably the only one I feel guilty of because it has such a high status and people consider it one of the classics but I just found it boring.
If you can argue for some of these, please do! I'd love to hear reasons why I should continue with some of these series.


No comments:

Post a Comment